Junior Developer / Right hand to CTO
This is a fast paced, results based role for an analytical open minded junior developer.
learn 4x faster than any other role in building out your technical abilities with senior teammates, by working directly to assist our CTO on current projects
within two years you will have the skill set to be a highly productive, cross functional, results producing developer on our team or any other
- ReCharge Payments is self-funded profitable bootstrapped software company that takes pride in developing an excellent product that makes a huge difference for our customers
- ReCharge Payments in two years has grown exponentially and is no processing hundreds of millions. The team has grown from 4 to 25 within the same period.
- A culture that fosters ownership, teamwork, fun, and taking pride in what we're building
Your job will be help our customers by rapidly improving our software product in tons of ways
- quickly analyze a known or potential problem - find patterns, and willingness to take direction and figure it out
- implement an obvious win if one exists, or find a possible approach - don't overcomplicate, but don't underestimate
- check in and make sure customers actually like it! - you have to care about the end result and how it impacts storeowners and customers!
- have fun!
You might like this role if you are:
- you're willing to dive in and learn the entire app and how it works inside and out
- you're willing learn it in parts so that you can provide immediate value as soon as you learn one component
- someone who appreciates keyboard shortcuts
- good at excel - you've done some excel functions at least a little
- you've messed around with programming but never had the opportunity to do it full time
- enjoy figuring out how to synthesize patterns into a usable solution and
- enjoy fixing whatever is required, then monitoring the fix, updating the fixes as needed, etc.
- you're good at finishing others' sentences, not in an annoying way, but you've got a pretty good idea what someone is saying before they have to finish what they're saying
- you don't just do some work then expect someone else to finish it
- you make sure work is getting done whether you're doing it or whether you're having someone else do it
- you're not afraid of learning and applying something new every day, in fact, you find that exciting because its not boring
- you're willing to do the intellectually challenging work that most people shy away from, because you enjoy it
- you don't require someone else to motivate you, you are motivated by doing great work
- you're willing to do data cleanup work - when we screw up data in our database
- someone needs to figure out what was messed up, isolate it, and fix it
- you've worked with databases or are interested in doing so
- close communication with me all day (e.g. desks next to each other)
- do whatever is required to help out the team and myself
- some light project management (did you do this, whats required, by when, how do we test, is it deployed)
- html edits
- coding analysis edits (the type of coding I need is tracing logic flows not crazy
e.g. our code is showing the wrong data to the user, check the logic flow
if customer is admin:
show them this link
show some other link
- aggregating data into excel and manipulating it/fixing it/inserting into database
- helping understand why customers get confused and writing a basic article to assist
- answering support emails for complex cases, then writing a specification of what is needed to fix it
- some admin work: making sure I get on an important technical call, or checking in with teammates on status
- whatever else comes up
$45-80k+ depending on years of experience and ability level.